Table of Contents
Spinach, which became legendary with Popeye, is a dish that is prepared in a short time and its flavor is hidden in its tomato paste juice. Thoroughly draining the chopped spinach after cleaning it carefully is one of the tricks that will increase the flavor of the recipe. With the rice put in it, both its satiety and taste increase.
When you are looking for a meatless and satisfying meal, this recipe will be your assistant, especially in winter, to be prepared with fresh spinach. Here is the spinach dish with its light flavor!
Don’t forget to serve it by drizzling some yogurt and powdered red pepper on it. We offer you our delicious recipe, which will be the favorite of vegetarians, gluten-free eaters, and vegetable lovers. We are also sure that those who do not like spinach will change their minds after this recipe.
Ingredients for Spinach Meal Recipe
- PREPARATION TIME15 Min
- COOKING TIME20 Min
- SERVING4 Person
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 coffee cup of rice
- 1 heaping tablespoon of tomato paste
- 500 grams of spinach (sorted and cleaned)
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of yogurt
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Spinach Meal Recipe Tip
You can clean the chopped spinach by soaking it in vinegar and plenty of water and cook it after rinsing it in plenty of water. Spinach will continue to release water during the cooking process, but if you like the food juicy, you can increase the amount of water you will use a little.
How to Make Spinach Meal Recipe?
1. Take olive oil in a pan and start frying by adding the chopped onion.
2. When the onions start to color, add the tomato paste and fry it until the smell of the tomato paste comes out.
3. After grating the garlic, add the grated carrot and fry it until the carrots soften a little. Add the spinach on top.
4. When the spinach starts to release its juices, add the washed rice and after adding the hot water, add the spices, lower the stove, close the lid and let it cook.
5. After about 15 minutes, check whether it is cooked or not. If your spinach is cooked, cover the bottom of the pot and serve it either with garlic yogurt or plain. Bon appetit!